Do you enjoy history? Do you have a passion, or even an interest in genealogy? The Williamstown Historical Museum counts on volunteers to keep our doors open to the public, and to do the various tasks that need to be done each week. You might find yourself working with adults or children. We have jobs for all skill levels. Please contact us and volunteer your time to help us help our community!
Volunteering at the Williamstown Historical Museum is a great way to learn about the town and gain a deeper understanding of local history and its importance. We have a number of volunteer positions that have been designed to suit different time commitment levels and training will be provided for all volunteer positions and tasks.
Our goal at the Williamstown Historical Museum is to help you to use your talents and interests in a way that allows our organization to maintain a diverse collection of photos, artifacts, documents and manuscripts, and use our materials to educate the public about the town.
As a volunteer you are a valued member of our team. You will provide new perspectives and approaches to history while developing a greater connection to the community around you as your understanding of our local history grows. With your help, our organization will be able to accomplish more by augmenting the time and talents of our staff and other volunteers.
We’re looking for help with the following:
● Indexing manuscripts, books, documents and bound volumes of newspapers.
● Cataloging our collection of material using Past Perfect Museum software.
● Fulfilling research requests.
● Grant research and fundraising.
We can always use help with our Oral History collection and are currently seeking the following Oral History volunteers:
● Transcription Volunteer – This volunteer will help transcribe digital versions of older oral history interviews.
● Digitizing Volunteer – This volunteer will help us convert audio and visual tapes to digital format on the computer.
● Indexing Volunteer – This volunteer will help us index transcribed interviews.
● Oral History Interviewer – This volunteer will help carry out interviews.
● DVD/CD Burning Volunteer – This volunteer will help us burn the digital copies of our interviews onto DVDs and CDs.
Please call or email Michael if you would like to learn more [email protected] or 413.458.2160.